new The events at Freeman High School last week represent the fundamental challenge of school security: balancing the public nature of schools with safety and security.
Links to top content
Most read right now
Top stories from the SR and around the world
Tue., Sept. 19, 2017, 7 p.m.
City’s own video report about homelessness and basalt added beneath I-90 lacked context, city leaders say
Wed., Sept. 20, 2017, 5 a.m.
- Missing VA laptop may affect health privacy of of 3,275 Spokane veterans
- Mountain snow, valley rain and clean air everywhere
- Spokane Valley opens new $14.2 million City Hall
- Battle of the Baggers: Rosauer employee to test skills, speed at state competition
- Firefighting drones to assist Spokane police on investigations of fatal car crashes
Tue., Sept. 19, 2017, 9:32 p.m.
- Young Eastern Washington football players enjoyed spotlight in New York
- Spokane champion swimmer Daniel Roy pares college list to four
- Pac-12 power rankings: Aztecs make their case for inclusion into weekly poll
- Washington State learns Pac-12 schedule, TV slots for upcoming basketball season
- Grip on Sports: Football's cruelest aspect showed itself again this week